Monday, July 25, 2011

Product Rave: Devita Solar Protective Moisturizer

I cannot tell you how many times I have used a sunscreen that left me with a whitish cast.  I would always have to wear makeup even when I didn't want to.  Being that my skin is very sensitive to chemical sunscreens, I'm pretty much limited to the physical ones.  Like many persons of color with sensitive skin, it's very difficult to find a natural, physical sunscreen that: 1.  Doesn't leave my skin oily, and 2.  Doesn't leave a white cast.   So imagine how thrilled I am to have discovered Devita Solar Protective moisturizer!

Devita Solar Protective moisturizer is a 100% physical sunscreen containing 19% Zinc Oxide.  It provides a respectible SPF 30 in a silky base of aloe, skin identical ingredients, anti- inflammatories, vitamin e, and hyaluronic acid.  I've worn it while exercising outside and my hyperpigmented areas were not affected by the sun.   Based on that, I can conclude that it provides excellent uva/uvb protection.  It's very hydrating, yet non-oily.  But best of all, it leaves absolutely no whitish cast on my dark skin.  Prices range from $16.00-$25.00 online.  I got mine from Vitacost.com for about $16.



The creator of Devita products is a fellow acne sufferer and she has created one of the best sunscreens of all times.  If you're ever surfing the Environmental Working Groups (EWG) website looking for a sunscreen, you'll notice that Devita is always rated #1.  It's very difficult to find a negative review of this product.  Millions of people can't be wrong, so give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment