Monday, July 25, 2011

Product Rave: 100% Pure Enzyme Mask


Oh joy!  I've finally found something that gently exfoliates my sensitive, acne prone skin. 

I bought the 100% pure enzyme mask after doing extensive research on enzymes.  I really wanted to replace my weekly microdermabrasion with something a little more gentle and this fits the bill perfectly.  Initially, I wasn't expecting this to exfoliate as well as a microdermabrasion cream, but it did!
If you don't know already, papain and bromelian are proteolytic enzymes that target that dry keratinized layer of skin.  Their effectiveness is greater than a scrub, but less drastic than a chemical peel. 

The mask is in powder form and you have to mix it with your favorite liquid.  I just used water.  Here's what the company has to say:
             "Skin brightening facial mask concentrated with pineapple enzyme, papaya enzyme, Vitamin C and Citrus, effectively peels surface dead skin cells for a brighter, glowing complexion.  This facial peel is concentrated with potent anti-aging antioxidants which help restore the appearance of previously damaged skin."

My Experience:  I did my first treatment on July 20, 2011 and a second treatment on the 23rd.  It's very simple to use; simply mix a tablespoon of the powder mask with 1 teaspoon of water or lemon juice.  When mixed with water, it has a creamy, frosting like consistency.  After cleansing, I was able to smoothly apply the mask with a foundation brush.  I then left the mask on for 5 minutes.  During the 5 minute wait time, I could feel it working.  My skin felt a little itchy in certain areas and like something was crawling across my nose.  After five minutes, I rinsed and washed my face again (according to my research, always wash your face after an enzyme peel.  If trace amounts are left on the skin, it will continue to digest your skin, causing irritation).  After that, I toned with Citrix antioxidant toner, applied Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE+ferulic acid serum, phyto gel to my dark spots, and moisturized with CeraVe.  My skin was satiny soft and with a rosy glow.  This product did everything it claimed and more.  It's definatley going to be a staple in my regimen!

Ingredients: Kaolin Clay, Bromelian, Papain, Pineapple Juice, Vitamin C, Lemon Juice.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try this!!! So excited!

    Also, you're in the Chicago area-So am I! Do you frequent any spas or have an esthetician in the Chicago area?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @cocoabrown08
    I haven't gone to any spas yet, but I'm currently looking.

    ReplyDelete