Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Is Natural More Effective?


Recently I've been on a natural skin care kick.  This is odd, because I've always felt that my skin needed science to stay clear.  I would always have my trusty benzoyl peroxide, retinols, and glycolic acid nearby just in case something went down.  But now that I've been using all natural products for the past few weeks, it makes me wonder if they're more effective.  Not only are these products effective, but they are also very gentle.  Maybe what my skin really needed was a gentle touch.  I've been using Eminence Organics products and I'm in love!

What happened?  I was testing out a new skin care regimen using Acne.org benzoyl peroxide (BP) nightly and Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic vitamin C serum during the day.  I was also using Cosmetic Skin Solutions Phyto gel for dark spots and it was HORRIBLE for my skin (more on this later!).  It made me break out like c-ra-zy.  I had another set back and was so mad at myself.  After a year of getting my skin clear, it had broken out again.  So now I'm back at square one, fading dark spots and treating acne.  Naturally, I pulled out my BP and slathered it all over my face at night.  It worked like a charm up to a certain point, but I was still having hormonal breakouts.  Just a few weeks ago, a very resistant pimple appeared next to my nose.  Nothing worked on this thing, not even my BP gel.  I was treating my entire face with BP, then putting a little extra on the spot.  Still didn't work.  It only got bigger and more painful.  It was like it had its own blood supply.  I thought I might have sensitivity to BP gel, so I stopped using it.  The next day I ordered Eminence Organics Herbal Spot Serum and Thermal Spring Whip Moisturizer.   

Eminence organics to the rescue.  I received the Herbal Spot Serum and Thermal Spring Whip on October 5, 2011.  I still had this huge whitehead on my face and wanted it gone!  I immediately washed my face and used the products.  My skin calmed down instantly.  Within a few days, the zit was gone!  I was so amazed that a mixture of herbs and spices had cleared my skin when nothing else worked. 

I definitely think some natural products deserve more recognition.  Don't get me wrong, some natural skin care products are crap (just like some non organic products), but there are a few that are very effective.  If it worked for my stubborn acne, then it can work for anybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment